The issue is, now that Rex has been bathed, can Mike offer him flea treatment right now? The response depends upon your technique of flea treatment, however is essentially, yes. The technique is that, depending upon the technique of treatment, you might most likely desire to totally dry your dog before using flea treatment so as not to water down the medication when used. Some flea treatments recommend waiting on a day to 2 for natural body oils to return, which might enable much better circulation of some medications and secure your dog’s skin from severe chemicals. Nevertheless, when fleas are around time might be of the essence!
Dog’s Point of view
Your dog is not going to be extremely delighted about having fleas, they are scratchy, pesky, animals. You will most likely observe your dog scratching, licking and biting at his coat. The quicker you can eliminate them the much better. You might require to totally dry your dog before using the treatment and if his skin is currently inflamed from fleas, a comprehensive drying might be a lot more annoying, so be prepared to be comprehending and mild with your dog.
Care & Factors To Consider
- Do not utilize numerous kinds of flea treatments as medications can build up and make your dog extremely ill. Pick one technique and follow directions on dose thoroughly.
- Beware when providing a flea bath after a routine bath as numerous baths can dry skin and wetness currently present can water down flea medications.
- Guarantee your dog is dry before using topical flea medications so the medication is not watered down and to prevent needing numerous treatments, which can lead to toxicity to your dog.
- When drying your dog completely, beware to utilize low to medium heat, so as not to burn or aggravate currently jeopardized skin.
- Do not let your dog lick off topical flea treatments that might make him ill if consumed.
It is quite typical to find fleas on your dog throughout a bath, and after that require to use flea treatment instantly later. You have a couple of alternatives to make sure the efficiency of the medication. Thoroughly dry your dog so that medication used to a moist or wet dog is not watered down, which can decrease its efficiency, or wait on a day to 2 till your dog is dry and body oils have actually returned. You can likewise pick to usage a flea treatment such as oral medication that is not impacted by your dog’s wetness level.
Keep in mind fleas are pesky, however treatable, and hardly ever trigger major problems or illness. Clean your dog’s bed linen and environment too to avoid reinfestation.